Sunday, January 26, 2014

The entry way solution

Me like many, I have a free for all entry way! Husband walks in and somehow mistakes the floor for the closet (lol). After 3 years of tripping over coats, staining coats, and mopping my floor with his coats I decided to attack the problem.
 Genious solution= Shelf+ Hangers! 

With my beautiful flat faced assistant Lola! 
What you'll need: 
-Level  
-Drill
-hammer(optional) 
-nails.(optional) 
-screws 
-measuring tape 
-shelf with hangers (could buy seperate)
*purchased at kohls for $34 (after 30% discount)  

First find your studs, you need a stable place to achor your shelf. Start hitting your wall and compare a hollow sound (no stud) to solid sound (stud) mark your
points while holding your shelf (use your level BEFORE drilling! Then drill on your screws and hang! 



**OPTIONAL: if your paranoid like me...ad some nails. 


Finally test your new sturdy shelf! I had my cat help out haha! and there you have it, a simple solution that will keep your sanity! 😂 

ENJOY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment