Saturday, May 31, 2014

Easy herb garden!


So I finally decided to give myself a mini herb garden on the side of my shed! Super excited to share with you what I did and how great it turned out! 

 What I needed for this project: 
Old pots for planting 
rust oleum paint for the pots + tire
12'x12" Board of treated wood (menards) 
Four 12" brackets to hold shelf 
An old tire 

For the big shelf:
1. we decided to go with treated one early because it's sitting outside and it prevents the wood from decaying. 
2. To start this project you need to find the studs inside the shed or use a stud finder just to secure the brackets that hold the shelf.  
3. Place the secure the brackets with screws of your choice we chose longer screws to ensure a stable shelf. 
4. Lay the wood in top and screw the bottom of the shelf to the bracket. 
5. Paint: we chose Rust Oleum white paint (not spray) because this is a big price of wood and spray doesn't properly cover the area.  
6. Finish it off with a gloss topcoat! 


The pots: 
 We grabbed a bunch of old pots laying around our house they happen to be different colors so we decided to grab a can of Rustoleum spray!  this was a very quick fix and it turned out great! 

Here is a close up of exactly what I planted in the pots! 


The tire:  
For this quick project with Grafton Alkire from the shot and cleaned it off by hosing it down with water. After I had left over deglosser from another project and rubbed it on and left to cure for about 20 mins. After I placed it on a ladder to spray.  


 
then we hung it using a bracket!  

 
This was my inspiration! Much more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment